Mar 28, 2024, 04:44 pm

News:

All rights reserved by Nintendo, we do not own or claim rights to Pokemon, or any copyrights based on it.

ZanZero suggestion 2: BlockQuest/Finding Items

Started by 1cec0ld, Mar 06, 2020, 01:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Approve of the change?

Yes
No
I'll comment Below.

1cec0ld

Mar 06, 2020, 01:17 pm Last Edit: Mar 06, 2020, 01:24 pm by 1cec0ld
Quote from: ZanZeroAs for more incentives to explore the map, I recommend we try out Block Quest, a plugin that allows you to turn player heads into packages that give money/items. This would allow for us to have item drops in caves/dungeons similar to the ground pokeballs from the original games! I think there are a ton of uses for this, to be honest. It may offset the marketplace changes I'm proposing by a bit but I can make adjustments if needed. While the Fly challenge is fucking brilliant with having to go to every town before you unlock trans-regional flying, there aren't many reasons to explore outside of towns and inside dungeons. This would make exploring a total blast, as you would be constantly growing and progressing just by being around and being curious. I'd say money drops should float between $50-$250 and for item drops I wouldn't recommend tools or armor. I think it would be wiser to give potions, food, and crafting materials. I also think they should give players one time acquisition TMs and HMs, which leads me to my next topic.
BlockQuest: (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/blockquest-animations-mysql-support-and-particles-free-open-source.32729/)

r1579

Random loot spawns throughout the map or maybe a minor item drop after killing a few mobs would be nice as it would encourage people to explore and train up. Would also reduce the necessity of having to venture into the wild just to get enough materials to survive a single night on the map.
"There is a difference between like and trust. Just because I tolerate you nearby doesn't mean your friend. It just means I don't mind your company."

- Legendary Pokemon Slayer
- Master of Axes
- Server Beta Tester

Zanzero

My main thing is that BlockQuest would emulate the item nodes from Pokemon almost perfectly, and would serve as a sort of scavenger hunt that would make the player want to explore every nook and cranny of the map. It would also tie into magicspells perfectly so that you don't have to just buy every spell, because that's boring imho.

tenebrae

This is really an extension on quests, though with a potential money reward. The hardest thing will be balancing rewards based on how many nodes there are.

Zanzero

Quote from: tenebrae on Mar 10, 2020, 04:45 pmThis is really an extension on quests, though with a potential money reward. The hardest thing will be balancing rewards based on how many nodes there are.

Money/items/magicspells. Really anything. I think if they don't give a massive amount it's not a big deal to have a bunch of nodes across the map. I think somewhere between 1-3 in each dungeon or cave with a few easier to find ones along routes. Not on a 1 per route basis, but hidden throughout.