Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 28 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /var/www/html/Settings.php on line 242

Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 19551 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /var/www/html/Sources/CacheAPI-smf.php on line 108
Recent posts - Page 9

Apr 18, 2024, 03:41 am

News:

Our IP is play.pokemonserver.net

Recent posts

Pages 1 ... 7 8 9 10
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 5: Chan...
Last post by r1579 - Mar 07, 2020, 05:42 am
I don't really agree with the idea of permanent titled ranks like that. cosmetic ranks that are just for show or maybe grant some perks would be fine. To just own a champion rank with no risk of being demoted seems kinda bull. It really should stay as something worth defending and being proud of, otherwise it loses it's value real quick.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 2: Bloc...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 07, 2020, 03:57 am
My main thing is that BlockQuest would emulate the item nodes from Pokemon almost perfectly, and would serve as a sort of scavenger hunt that would make the player want to explore every nook and cranny of the map. It would also tie into magicspells perfectly so that you don't have to just buy every spell, because that's boring imho.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 3: Magi...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 07, 2020, 03:54 am
Quote from: r1579 on Mar 06, 2020, 01:52 pmMagicSpells could be great for Tm/Hm's, so long as they are kept in check. if gym battles start becoming decided by the increasing amount of abilityy spam, that could prove to be an issue. I am a firm believer that there are indeed better options, but anything can work given enough effort. besides, the goal of MagicSpells is to make combat more fun and expressive, not be a handful of potential One Hit Knockouts.

Maybe it could be possible for gym leaders to have limited move access for battle (to simulate how they major in one pokemon type?) who knows. for cooldown, 30 seconds for moves like vine whip, 1 minute for moves like aqua ring, growth, and flamethrower, 2 minutes for moves like Thunder, Hyper Beam, and Synthesis.

We could have Tm's sold via shops and by traders scattered throughout the world, but in that case, I wouldn't want them locked behind Vote Tokens. Also, BIG NO to the badge swiping. That would cause SOOOO many new players to get pissed off and leave if they died and lost game progression.  10% money loss upon PVP death is fine, but Keep inventory should be left off as PVP should be a risk vs reward gain. 

I think us setting cooldowns on moves based upon how many times you should be able to use it per battle would work fine. I don't think anything, especially anything strong, should be spammable. However, having even a 1-minute cooldown likely means it'll only be used once, potentially twice. I think for smaller "cantrip" level attacks for something like Bug Bite, Water Gun, Ember, etc. they should be treated almost like a basic attack or cornerstone strategy, having their cooldowns set to something more akin to 10 seconds or so. 30 seconds is reasonable for mid-tier attacks. 1 minute is good for big moves and buffs. 2 minutes would be for finishers that shouldn't be used more than once.

I think if Gym Battles are automated then we set the "Gym Leader" to only have 2-3 moves based on their type. If it's still player based than I think the league standard should be maxed at 4 moves for both players and leaders. I also think if it's automated then having a slight chance to lose a badge wouldn't be too bad. If you've done the challenge once you can easily do it again.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 1: In-M...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 07, 2020, 02:55 am
Quote from: 1cec0ld on Mar 06, 2020, 02:09 pmKeep in mind, there is currently a set formula for home prices. That formula can be easily tweaked, but it is based on 3 points:
  0,  0     #A house of size 0 will always cost 0.
  24, 1800  #The smallest house available (24 tiles) is 75*tiles.
  43, 6450  #The average house available (43 tiles) is 150*tiles.

Using those 3 rules, and the website
        //https://www.desmos.com/calculator/lac2i0bgum
I was able to visualize a curve so that larger houses get more expensive as time goes on. While I'm not very keen to remove the curve (I like the idea that the next tile costs more than the one before it, and it fights inflation [which I realize isn't a problem yet, but I expect it will be]) I am open to adjusting the points to make it less steep.

I think future-proofing is always smart so I say we stick with a curve. My main issue is that the average house price being nearly 6000 dollars is far too much. I don't mind a bit of a grind, but in a standard world, you'd have a base with storage set up within the first few minutes, while this would take weeks to grind for. I'm not saying a house should barely cost anything, but I do think that having the average price closer to 3000-4000 with the smallest being near what it is now would be far better. On the current system, the largest house was nearly 70k right? If so I think that being closer to 15k to 20k would be fine. It is still a solid grind and status symbol kind of deal while not being in holy-shit-fuck-that territory.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 6: Smal...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 07, 2020, 02:46 am
Quote from: r1579 on Mar 06, 2020, 06:14 pmThere is a daily vote system that functions like the log in. While online, vote for the server and you get vote tokens. they help buy some items throughout the map and some event stuff as well (like the rotom key!)

I did suggest the idea of having something like Illagers go and attack random towns that could function like a mass raid. Of course I would prefer it to be town accessible during the mid game so people can still roam around and choose to avoid it should they be poorly equipped or would rather not fight.

Something like that for Goldenrod would make sense to the story of GSC, with the city getting taken over at one point. I think that's an interesting idea. There could be a chat alert like "Team (enter team name here) is taking over (town name)!!!"
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 4: Remo...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 07, 2020, 02:43 am
Quote from: AccidentalArson (AA) on Mar 06, 2020, 10:35 pmwhat's wrong with mob spawning right now?

The rate is stupidly high and concentrated. If you go into pretty much any cave on the map you can see it for yourself. It's brutal. Even outside of towns at night is ridiculous. In littleroot town I was standing inside and nearly 15 zombies poured in and started attacking me while AFK.
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 07, 2020, 02:38 am
Quote from: AccidentalArson (AA) on Mar 06, 2020, 10:39 pmi think this is a much better idea so far, my only question would be regarding

would there be some sort of incentive to get the master rank besides clout? i feel like something that seems so challenging to achieve should reward something too

In the part you quoted I mentioned it could serve as a permanent Champion rank, meaning you don't have to constantly fight to keep your spot at the top.
Last post by AccidentalArson (AA) - Mar 06, 2020, 10:39 pm
i think this is a much better idea so far, my only question would be regarding

Quote from: 1cec0ld on Mar 06, 2020, 01:20 pmAs an extended challenge, anyone who has been Champion, unlocked the full fly chart and gotten every badge could receive the Master rank! This could serve as a sort of permanent Champion rank, without the chance of being demoted

would there be some sort of incentive to get the master rank besides clout? i feel like something that seems so challenging to achieve should reward something too
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 4: Remo...
Last post by AccidentalArson (AA) - Mar 06, 2020, 10:35 pm
Quote from: r1579 on Mar 06, 2020, 01:56 pmMob spawning should be just be off on the main map until Mojang gets it's crap together.
what's wrong with mob spawning right now?
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 6: Smal...
Last post by r1579 - Mar 06, 2020, 06:14 pm
There is a daily vote system that functions like the log in. While online, vote for the server and you get vote tokens. they help buy some items throughout the map and some event stuff as well (like the rotom key!)

I did suggest the idea of having something like Illagers go and attack random towns that could function like a mass raid. Of course I would prefer it to be town accessible during the mid game so people can still roam around and choose to avoid it should they be poorly equipped or would rather not fight.
Pages 1 ... 7 8 9 10