Mar 28, 2024, 07:32 am

News:

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/fcMcJrW

Recent posts

Pages 1 ... 8 9 10
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 5: Chan...
Last post by r1579 - Mar 06, 2020, 02:16 pm
Automated gyms would definitely allow people to move at their own pace without having to worry about other's life schedules conflicting with their own. It would also be fun to see mobs mimic the type of that gym (like a buffed up Wither Skeleton with Dark type moves for.. the Dark gym... rip gen 8 ).

Getting a Tm for beating the 1st gym of that type would be ok, but not for every gym. (So beating Brock, Roxanne, or Roark would give the same TM)

E4 Challenges could still function as they were with each region having it's own Elite Four and Champion. We do something like picking a day for each Region's Elites and Champion to be online to accept challenges, but that causes it's own bucket of problems.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 1: In-M...
Last post by 1cec0ld - Mar 06, 2020, 02:09 pm
Keep in mind, there is currently a set formula for home prices. That formula can be easily tweaked, but it is based on 3 points:
  0,  0     #A house of size 0 will always cost 0.
  24, 1800  #The smallest house available (24 tiles) is 75*tiles.
  43, 6450  #The average house available (43 tiles) is 150*tiles.

Using those 3 rules, and the website
        //https://www.desmos.com/calculator/lac2i0bgum
I was able to visualize a curve so that larger houses get more expensive as time goes on. While I'm not very keen to remove the curve (I like the idea that the next tile costs more than the one before it, and it fights inflation [which I realize isn't a problem yet, but I expect it will be]) I am open to adjusting the points to make it less steep.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 4: Remo...
Last post by r1579 - Mar 06, 2020, 01:56 pm
I agree with this. The wild is overpowered and has lead to breaking the server's economy. One of the ideas i keep mulling over in my head is to make it the base for a safari zone event. You pay vote tokens to get access to the wild and explore. It would start you with no gear somewhere at random and you would go for as long as you could before you /spawn, die, or log out. I'd maybe even consider keepInventory on here so you could grind without fear of death, but meh. It would pretty much be a once per day type deal that could help in netting materials without ruining map progression.

Mob spawning should be just be off on the main map until Mojang gets it's crap together. It would also advocate buying the attract potions for grinding. It can still be left on in my safari zone idea to promote a more dangerous environment. no risk, no reward
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 3: Magi...
Last post by r1579 - Mar 06, 2020, 01:52 pm
MagicSpells could be great for Tm/Hm's, so long as they are kept in check. if gym battles start becoming decided by the increasing amount of abilityy spam, that could prove to be an issue. I am a firm believer that there are indeed better options, but anything can work given enough effort. besides, the goal of MagicSpells is to make combat more fun and expressive, not be a handful of potential One Hit Knockouts.

Maybe it could be possible for gym leaders to have limited move access for battle (to simulate how they major in one pokemon type?) who knows. for cooldown, 30 seconds for moves like vine whip, 1 minute for moves like aqua ring, growth, and flamethrower, 2 minutes for moves like Thunder, Hyper Beam, and Synthesis.

We could have Tm's sold via shops and by traders scattered throughout the world, but in that case, i wouldn't want them locked behind Vote Tokens. Also, BIG NO to the badge swiping. That would cause SOOOO many new players to get pissed off and leave if they died and lost game progression.  10% money loss upon PVP death is fine, but Keep inventory should be left off as PVP should be a risk vs reward gain. 
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 2: Bloc...
Last post by r1579 - Mar 06, 2020, 01:45 pm
Random loot spawns throughout the map or maybe a minor item drop after killing a few mobs would be nice as it would encourage people to explore and train up. Would also reduce the necessity of having to venture into the wild just to get enough materials to survive a single night on the map.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 1: In-M...
Last post by r1579 - Mar 06, 2020, 01:40 pm
I agree about the pokemon map. there really isn't much to do and anything you could want can be crafted in the wild way faster then just buying it. As for the map itself, it loses it's charm once you ran the whole thing once and got reigon fly. there's nothing wanting me to keep coming back to it outside of trying to find players to kill for loot, A specific mob, or the occasional Gym challenges. Otherwise i'm out in the wild pretty much on my own farming materials.

The shops could definitely use an update. the discord chart you posted looks good, except for the shulker box. let's keep that a rare item. You still have access to the e chest in the pokecenters so you still have some form of storage.

I'm currently ok with the system that's already in place. Cheap houses are easy enough to get and there are a good few of them around each region. The more expensive houses are still obtainable as is, just takes a bit more work.
Suggestions / ZanZero suggestion 7: MCJukebo...
Last post by 1cec0ld - Mar 06, 2020, 01:21 pm
Quote from: ZanZeroI mentioned this one before, but I run the MCJukebox plugin on my own server and it is seriously amazing. It's lightweight and browser-based so you just have to click a link to get the music started. It also adjusts the song based on where you currently are in the world, which would make it possible to have the full OSTs for every pokemon game actually play as you roam around! They even fade in and out nicely and there are a couple modular plugins that add things like combat music and more. (We've even started working on a couple for my server that I would love to share with you guys, like a day/night module.) I'm totally game to help you guys set this up if you'd like, it would probably only take a couple days.

MCJukebox: (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mcjukebox.16024/)
Battle Music: (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/%E2%96%B6-battlemusic-%E2%97%80-1-12-1-15.73435/)
Suggestions / ZanZero suggestion 6: Small ma...
Last post by 1cec0ld - Mar 06, 2020, 01:21 pm
Quote from: ZanZeroThat's the worst of it to be honest, now I just have a couple smaller ideas I think could help out or bolster the experience around here. I think adding in some sort of daily-bonus/log in streak plugin that could reward cash or items couldn't hurt. Also the treeline in Hoenn seriously hurts my OCD soul and I seriously will either help y'all make it consistent with the other regions or do it myself if needed, please. I also had the idea after getting ganked by a horde of silverfish in Ilex forest that honestly having more Horde battles would be dope as hell. Like, a horde of wild zombies/creepers/whatever appeared! And maybe getting jumpes by Team Rocket grunts on a really rare occasion would be a nice touch.
Suggestions / ZanZero suggestion 5: Change G...
Last post by 1cec0ld - Mar 06, 2020, 01:20 pm
Quote from: ZanZeroBut if that wasn't a big enough change, I'm going to suggest we do away with the old Gym system. Put your pitchforks away guys, I promise this makes sense. Back in the day I used to run Celadon Gym. Granted I didn't run it for very long, but I ran it none-the-less. So I fully understand the appeal of being a gym leader. The reality is that there are 32 gyms between the Japan regions, with 10 in Unova and another 8 in Kalos. So unless we find 50 players who are willing to be on and taking on challenges regularly, those gyms will remain empty. And that's not even including the elites or champions. I know at the moment they link back to the existing Kanto gyms, but I don't think you could convince me that 8 player run gyms is better than 32+ automated ones that could be challenged at any time. I think that instead of having all of those empty gyms we should automate them with intuitive and challenging puzzles, parkour, riddles, traps and combat. Top it off with a big battle against a custom MythicMob using the same MagicSpells as the players and you've got an interesting gym leader as well. They could even give you a one-time TM when you defeat them! With this, the fly challenge and the inclusion of BlockQuest items, players would be incentivised to explore the world to its fullest by going to each city, challenging each gym, and scouring for items in the caves/dungeons. And all of that could be done without having to wait for any other players to be online. The player-run PvP side of things could then be focused on the Elites and Champions, of which there are still technically 30 spots to fill, but who says we need to stick to the old progression for those either? I propose that a player who gets their first 8 badges is promoted to Ace Trainer and given access to challenging the E4 or joining into League organized tourneys. If they beat the E4/Champion they are then promoted to Champion. If they are ever defeated and there are no open seats for Champions left for them to take (1 per region), then they are demoted to Elite. The only other way to become Elite is if they win in a League tournament. I don't personally think there needs to be a limit on how many Elite players we could have on the server, as that would up the odds that there will be 4 online at a time to be challenged. As an extended challenge, anyone who has been Champion, unlocked the full fly chart and gotten every badge could receive the Master rank! This could serve as a sort of permanent Champion rank, without the chance of being demoted. Something that could be a feasible while still incredibly challenging goal using automated gyms. I'm more than open to talking other potential progression systems, but I think this could provide an engaging experience that isn't TOO far off from what we have now. Luckily 1ce agrees with me on this one, to my surprise, as he thinks that keeping Gym Leaders online and active has become an issue.
MythicMobs: (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/%E2%9A%94-mythicmobs-free-version-%E2%96%BAthe-1-custom-mob-creator%E2%97%84.5702/)
BlockQuest: (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/blockquest-animations-mysql-support-and-particles-free-open-source.32729/)
MagicSpells: (https://discord.gg/aZaxDUJ)
Suggestions / ZanZero suggestion 4: Remove o...
Last post by 1cec0ld - Mar 06, 2020, 01:18 pm
Quote from: ZanZeroNow it's time to talk about the Wild.

I think the wild impacts the actual Pokemon side of the server negatively. Not to the point that it should be abandoned or deleted outright, but definitely to the point where it needs a tweak. Currently it is tied too closely to progression, forcing players to leave the map you guys have spent the better part of a decade on to go play basic survival. To combat this I think it should be migrated to its own multiverse world and given a separate inventory from the main pokemon world. This would keep it as an optional social feature and a way to level MCMMO skills outside of the main map, but keep it from also diluting the market on the main map and hogging the spotlight. It was one of the few big disappointments for me since coming back. I just want to spend all of my time on the actual map but at the moment that isn't even possible and if I did I would be at a massive disadvantage compared to a player who spends 90% of their time in the wild and off of the map. Just seems like a backwards incentive structure and I'd prefer we push players to play pokemon not minecraft, you feel? Although I do understand the appeal of having a creative outlet in any server, which is why I would never champion to remove it outright.
(It would also allow us to turn off natural mob spawning on the main map so it isn't a constant mosh pit of death any time you walk into a cave.)
To balance out losing access to normal mining, we could implement EternalOre veins in some of the dungeons and caves that respawn after a set amount of hours. I know this is a HUGE change from the way things have been done on here since forever, but I truly believe it would help the main world feel more immersive and complete. (It also would give us complete control over player progression and their experience on the map.)

Multiverse-Inventories:( https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/multiverse-inventories)
EternalOre: ( https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/eternal-ore-respawnable-ores.68180/)
Pages 1 ... 8 9 10