Started by 1cec0ld, Mar 06, 2020, 01:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Approve of the change?

Yes
No
I'll comment Below.

1cec0ld

Mar 06, 2020, 01:21 pm Last Edit: Mar 06, 2020, 02:01 pm by 1cec0ld
Quote from: ZanZeroI mentioned this one before, but I run the MCJukebox plugin on my own server and it is seriously amazing. It's lightweight and browser-based so you just have to click a link to get the music started. It also adjusts the song based on where you currently are in the world, which would make it possible to have the full OSTs for every pokemon game actually play as you roam around! They even fade in and out nicely and there are a couple modular plugins that add things like combat music and more. (We've even started working on a couple for my server that I would love to share with you guys, like a day/night module.) I'm totally game to help you guys set this up if you'd like, it would probably only take a couple days.

MCJukebox: (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/mcjukebox.16024/)
Battle Music: (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/%E2%96%B6-battlemusic-%E2%97%80-1-12-1-15.73435/)

tenebrae

We had the plugin at one stage didn't we? Removed it because it didn't like an update

1cec0ld

We had ijukebox. It wasn't browser based, it used an inventory based GUI, and was a pain to trigger the songs to play.

tenebrae

Quote from: 1cec0ld on Mar 10, 2020, 07:46 amWe had ijukebox. It wasn't browser based, it used an inventory based GUI, and was a pain to trigger the songs to play.

Ohh. Being browser based does limit who can utilise the plugin. Certainly not those with potatoes.

Zanzero

If it dissuades any fears of it really taking a toll on players with bad computers, I've been running it for a couple of months now and it is incredibly lightweight. Also optional.

I've never once had an issue with anyone not being able to use it or having a bad performance because of it, even with the most potato of my staff/playerbase.

tenebrae

Quote from: Zanzero on Mar 11, 2020, 01:30 pmIf it dissuades any fears of it really taking a toll on players with bad computers, I've been running it for a couple of months now and it is incredibly lightweight. Also optional.

I've never once had an issue with anyone not being able to use it or having a bad performance because of it, even with the most potato of my staff/playerbase.

Usually people have other windows open in browser, and often just having the browser open consumes some amount of resource. Being optional is fine though. Depends whether people will use it often enough.