Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 19552 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /var/www/html/Sources/CacheAPI-smf.php on line 108
Recent posts - Page 7

Mar 28, 2024, 10:43 pm

News:

All rights reserved by Nintendo, we do not own or claim rights to Pokemon, or any copyrights based on it.

Recent posts

Pages 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 2: Bloc...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 11, 2020, 03:00 pm
Quote from: tenebrae on Mar 10, 2020, 04:45 pmThis is really an extension on quests, though with a potential money reward. The hardest thing will be balancing rewards based on how many nodes there are.

Money/items/magicspells. Really anything. I think if they don't give a massive amount it's not a big deal to have a bunch of nodes across the map. I think somewhere between 1-3 in each dungeon or cave with a few easier to find ones along routes. Not on a 1 per route basis, but hidden throughout.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 3: Magi...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 11, 2020, 02:08 pm
Quote from: tenebrae on Mar 10, 2020, 04:40 pmPlayers should not lose gym badge progression from dying, whether a silly mistake or a PvP kill. If we can add a set "PP" for each move that requires some sort of recharge, it could work. No recharging at a Pokemon centre, but a special item (elixir) that will recharge the special move. It could be bought with vote tokens, or earned by defeating certain "tough" mobs. MagicSpells would definitely need some serious balancing regardless.

Luckily magicspells has a lot of that baked in with options to use items, exp lvls, cooldowns, or "mana" for a casting cost.

I don't know if I agree with having moves be that hard to charge up and use. I think they should become a reliable part of every players toolkit for both PvP and PvE. I think setting cooldowns up so some moves are out of commission for 10+ minutes would be fine if we REALLY want to stop players from spamming it or using it too often.

I think a good idea for a lot of the spells would be having them act as sort of "cantrips" from D&D, where they are weak but reliable parts of a player's kit. I'm thinking like Bug Bite, where it would do 2 damage (1 heart) and heal 2 hunger, but had a 6-second cooldown, meaning you can use it often but not constantly. Or String Shot, which would inflict a target player with Slowness1 for 6 seconds on a 15-second cooldown, and have a cost of 5 string per use. I'd be more than willing to throw together another sheet of 4-6 moves of each type and how I would personally approach designing them if you guys would like.

I recently did one for my own server, converting D&D spells and classes using MagicSpells and although we haven't been able to put it into practice yet, it's looking pretty good at a surface level.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 5: Chan...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 11, 2020, 01:53 pm
That's actually a really cool idea! I think making it a cosmetic reward to strive for would be fun for a lot of players.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 4: Remo...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 11, 2020, 01:51 pm
Quote from: tenebrae on Mar 10, 2020, 04:35 pmIf we limit wild access, does that extend to the nether? With 1.16 coming in the near future, new nether materials will be in high demand.

The wild safari is a cool idea.

With everything said, would it require current inventories being reset, as there's already instability in the market?

I think the nether could potentially stay on the main map, as it isn't directly tied to the acquisition of diamonds or other goods used in basic progression. I would prefer it is put as a feature of the wild and is left unused for the main map, just for the sake of consistency, although I will admit that is purely a personal preference.

Wild safari could be a lot of fun, in my opinion. Or at least gating entry behind some sort of in-game currency or time limit so players cant become too reliant on using it as their de facto form of progression.

I would imagine resetting inventories would be a smart idea, although I know a lot of people may have an issue with that.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 1: In-M...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 11, 2020, 01:36 pm
Quote from: tenebrae on Mar 10, 2020, 04:50 pmPokemart shops have always been a scam. You can easier get the material in the wild. It's hard to keep an economy when money keeps entering and circulating,  but never leaves.

I don't think there's an issue with houses. Either save up to buy a nice big house, or buy a cheap one near the start and then save up for later.

On the housing, I suppose that's fair. I do think that the mid-higher end houses are still atrociously priced though. Especially for the grind necessary.

As for the market/wild, I think that you hit the problem I have with it on the head. I seriously think having the wild be something that impacts the progression/acquisition of goods on the main map is a serious problem for the longevity of the server. Because at that point why not just play on an SMP server? So fixing the market and making it either a competitive alternative to the wild or self-sufficient enough to be able to make the wild optional is the right way to go, in my honest opinion.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 7: MCJu...
Last post by Zanzero - Mar 11, 2020, 01:30 pm
If it dissuades any fears of it really taking a toll on players with bad computers, I've been running it for a couple of months now and it is incredibly lightweight. Also optional.

I've never once had an issue with anyone not being able to use it or having a bad performance because of it, even with the most potato of my staff/playerbase.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 7: MCJu...
Last post by tenebrae - Mar 10, 2020, 04:51 pm
Quote from: 1cec0ld on Mar 10, 2020, 07:46 amWe had ijukebox. It wasn't browser based, it used an inventory based GUI, and was a pain to trigger the songs to play.

Ohh. Being browser based does limit who can utilise the plugin. Certainly not those with potatoes.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 1: In-M...
Last post by tenebrae - Mar 10, 2020, 04:50 pm
Pokemart shops have always been a scam. You can easier get the material in the wild. It's hard to keep an economy when money keeps entering and circulating,  but never leaves.

I don't think there's an issue with houses. Either save up to buy a nice big house, or buy a cheap one near the start and then save up for later.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 6: Smal...
Last post by tenebrae - Mar 10, 2020, 04:50 pm
Quote from: r1579 on Mar 06, 2020, 06:14 pmThere is a daily vote system that functions like the log in. While online, vote for the server and you get vote tokens. they help buy some items throughout the map and some event stuff as well (like the rotom key!)

I did suggest the idea of having something like Illagers go and attack random towns that could function like a mass raid. Of course I would prefer it to be town accessible during the mid game so people can still roam around and choose to avoid it should they be poorly equipped or would rather not fight.

Quote from: Zanzero on Mar 07, 2020, 02:46 amSomething like that for Goldenrod would make sense to the story of GSC, with the city getting taken over at one point. I think that's an interesting idea. There could be a chat alert like "Team (enter team name here) is taking over (town name)!!!"

These would be possible without being a risk for non-participants.
Suggestions / Re: ZanZero suggestion 2: Bloc...
Last post by tenebrae - Mar 10, 2020, 04:45 pm
This is really an extension on quests, though with a potential money reward. The hardest thing will be balancing rewards based on how many nodes there are.
Pages 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10